Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Power of Paint

I'm a huge paint fan. I love how a can of paint and a week-end of labour can completely transform the look of a room and take it from blah to rah. I actually ran one of those student painting companies one summer during university. It was a horrible experience, but at least I learned how to paint a straight line.

I'm currently thinking up ways to jazz up my bathroom, and as a result have pinned lots of images that show creative ways to use paint to really boost the look of a room.

Split Wall

I really like the split wall look, with or without wainscoting. Paint the top or bottom half of the wall a bright colour and the other half a more muted tone. This would work great for bold colours that might overwhelm a room if painted on the whole wall..


{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}
{Source via Pinterest}



Colour Band

The colour band adds some visual interest to rooms otherwise lacking in features. I like how these photos show the bands on different parts of the wall, and how many of them are used to draw the eye to features such as hooks or wall art.

{Source via Pinterest}
 I especially love this look and how it works in a high ceilinged room.
{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}
Stripes and Chevrons

Finally, I can't do a post on the power of paint without mentioning stripes and chevrons. Some of the rooms below are so creative and show that they sky really is the limit when it comes to how you can use paint in the home.

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}

{Pinterest}
{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}
{Source via Pinterest}


{Source via Pinterest}

{Source via Pinterest}





2 comments:

  1. Wowzers! You've got such an awesome eye. I feel like when ever I try and find fun images of something new to do nothing this cool comes up! I love the split wall look! I also love the image of the laundry room with the white stripe for the hooks! Very cool! So what's your plan for your bathroom??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to join Pinterest, that's where I found a lot of them! I will send you an invite. :) And I haven't quite decided on the bathroom plan yet. First I'm going to paint it fully white, then decide what fun effect to go for.

    ReplyDelete