Monday, November 14, 2011

Fun in the country (in the city)

I had a great week-end, and it started with a visit to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.  The fair "brings the country to the city" and my family has gone every year for as long as I can remember.

The fair includes a petting zoo...






Giant pumpkins...


Kids showing Jersey Cows...


Butter sculptures...




And a poster tribute to Hickstead, the Canadian show jumping horse who suddenly died earlier this week.


Not pictured at the fair is Sarah Richardson, the Canadian star designer. She walked by us on her way to a very chi chi event taking place as part of the Royal Horse Show. By the time I had registered who she was, she had already disappeared into the exclusive bar that is black tie only. My fleeting impression was that she is tall and thin, and has longer hair than I thought. I also recognised her husband, as he appeared on Sarah's Cottage.
{Source}

Seeing Sarah reminds me that I also saw Candice Olson, another Canadian designer, in a Starbucks last year. I really must get my act together to try and have some interaction with these people, I usually just stare at them!

2 comments:

  1. The butter sculptures turned my stomach a bit... but fun that you saw Sarah Richardson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the butter sculptures! Although I didn't think they were as good this year as usual. And yes, it was very cool to see her.

    ReplyDelete